In this Dr. Sabrina "Should this dad go to the court system to obtain visitation rights?"


Dear Dr. Sabrina,

I am really stepping out of my comfort zone even writing to you. However, I am at the end of my rope and don’t know how to proceed. Ok, I am divorced from my 1st wife and we have a 7 year old daughter. I have since remarried and my wife is pregnant. My ex-wife has been very difficult to deal with. She will not allow my daughter to have the court-appointed visitations because she does NOT want my daughter around my new wife. My ex has told her family, our common friends, and anyone who will listen that I cheated with my wife (not true at all). I pay my child support, attempt to communicate, and seek to be an active part of my daughter’s life. The more I try, the worse it has gotten. She has even called the police on me when I attempted to see my daughter at her school. My question is should I return to court to enforce my visitation rights. I really do not want to do anything to make the situation worse, however I do not want my daughter to think I do not love her and desire to spend time with her. I need help.

-Not a Deadbeat Dad.

Should this dad go to the court system to obtain his visitation with his 7 year old from the first marriage?
Created with Poll Maker